Tierion’s mission is to replace trust with proof. We see a future where the blockchain is the trust anchor for the world’s data. We started by creating Chainpoint, an open protocol for anchoring data to the Bitcoin blockchain. Next, we launched the Chainpoint Network; a global proof engine that can verify the integrity and timestamp of any data, file, or business process. Today we’re focused on advancing Chainpoint and building Proof.
As a Senior Backend Engineer, you’ll help build Chainpoint and Proof. You’ll be part of an experienced team that cares deeply about building great software, and is excited about working at the forefront of the blockchain industry. You've mastered Node.js and have experience with distributed systems, microservices architecture, REST APIs, and software library development.
- Build, test and ship software using modern tools like Node.js, CockroachDB, Postgres, RabbitMQ, Redis, Consul.
- Work with our leadership to turn our product and technical vision into a tangible roadmap every quarter.
- Add positive energy, and help make your team members better developers.
- You have at least 4 years full-time Node.js development
- You’ve designed, built, scaled and maintained production services
- You have a strong grasp of distributed system development and micro-service architectures
- You’re a master of asynchronous programming using (/async/await, etc.)
- You’ve designed and developed HTTP REST APIs
- You have strong test oriented development using Mocha, or similar testing frameworks for API unit and Integration tests
- You’re comfortable operating in dynamic environments, and are self-directed
Nice to haves
- Experience working with Bitcoin, Ethereum, or other blockchain tech
- Experience with cryptography
- Experience with Docker, Docker-Compose or Kubernetes
- Experience building applications on Google Cloud
What We Offer
Everyone at Tierion works hard and has a lot of fun. Our beautiful office overlooks the bay in San Francisco. Tierion provides competitive salaries, equity, and full benefits.
- Tierion covers 100% of medical/vision/dental for employees
- Commuter benefits (up to $260/month for employees in our SF office)
- 401K plan with 100% matching
- Flexible work hours
- Flexible vacation schedule
- Re-location support
How to Apply
Send us the following:
- Links to your GitHub/Stack Overflow or something that you've built
- A brief answer to the following question: What have you built that you’re most proud of?
- Your resume or LinkedIn profile
Tierion does not provide visa sponsorship.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.